Offline Games lagging but no FPS drop!

sheikhhridoy

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015
Please help me!!
I have tried some games on my pc like GTA V, Battlefield 1, Dishonored 2, Mass Effect Andromeda etc. I get around 60 FPS or higher in all games.
However, all games are lagging.
My GPU is used around 90% (around 80 degrees),
RAM is used around 4 GB,
CPU is used around 30% (around 50 degrees).

Intel Core i5 4460 3.2Ghz
RAM 8GB
Radeon R9 285 (using latest drivers)
MSI B85M Gaming
2 x 1TB HDD
Thermaltake 530 watt power
Display 1920x1080 Sony TV
Windows 10 Pro latest available

Solution

You could try rolling back drivers even the most recent catalyst one, when i had a r9 280 i had some really weird thing happening with the crimson drivers.

Beyond...

sheikhhridoy

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015

often the games are stuck for say 1 second. and it keeps happening in every 3 minutes or so. but msi afterburners shows 50 to 80 fps on screen

sheikhhridoy

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015

I have purchased a lot of games from lots of clients such as steam, battle.net, origin etc. I tried to answer the question as quickly as possible. Now please tell me, what does all this have to do with my problem?

JoshRC

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2015
Turn on "vertical sync" in games. Turn on "triple buffering" in your AMD crimson control panel and while your there make sure that the vsync is set to use application settings.
Let me know if that helps.

sheikhhridoy

Reputable
Jun 24, 2015

Finally someone with relevant answers. If you mean "OpenGL Tripple Buffering" then it's already on. Vertical sync on or off in game does not help. And I couldn't find vsync in amd settings. There is an option though "Wait for vertical refresh" and it's set to "off, unless application specifies" and AMD FreeSync is not supported to my display (sony bravia 1080p)

JoshRC

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2015

You could try rolling back drivers even the most recent catalyst one, when i had a r9 280 i had some really weird thing happening with the crimson drivers.

Beyond that there is one more thing i can thing of and that would be the psu isnt delivering enough voltage to the cpu or gpu. There are four ways to test this the first using a multimeter if you have one and testing the voltages of the +12, +5 and +3.3v lines you want want then no more than %5 difference this way will get the most accurate answer.
Another way is to download HWmonitor to check but this is pretty unreliable. You can also check in some bios this is more reliable.
The final way which i wouldn't really suggest is to run furmark and prime 95 at the same time. This is gonna stress the hell out of it, If the pc just shuts off at some point then its a psu problem, the other thing that can happen is the psu blows, up i have seen that happen that will mess up everything.

Solution