Offline printer problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

febsr

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
Even though this thread was back in May 2010 and it is now December 2010, I wanted to thank you for your answer. This is the only thing that worked! Even using a static address didn't work for me. This solution is so simple, it seems ridiculous that no one else offered this suggestion. Thanks again. :wahoo:

msdiniz

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Hi Penster, worked flawless.
I have an d-link dir-320 and an HP-880C networked by usb port. Windows 7 only printed after reboot or restart the printer service, with the 882C driver. After unchecked the SNMP Status Enabled, worked in every windows 7 PC.
Thank you very much for the solution.
Marcelo Scofano

emiplay9111

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011

While searching on the net for an answer to the problem that my Canon Pixma MP560 always appeared to be offline, I stumbled onto this site. When I saw your recommendation I tried it. I found that (I don't know how) there was a copy of the printer under the device tab, and apparently it was this copy that my computer was referring to as my default printer! I deleted the copy, then chose the original Canon Pixma MP560 as my default printer. Now I don't have anymore problems when I need to print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS