Question Offset kinda settings on Gigabyte mobo?

Mar 14, 2019
Hey. I saw a video of an offset voltage setting, that with that setting you can run your cpu about 65C instead of 80-85C while stress testing. He did that with an Asus mobo. I'm kinda curious that is there a setting like that in Gigabyte mobos as well just under an other name? Or is that fine if i just lower the vcore voltage?

Hey. I saw a video of an offset voltage setting, that with that setting you can run your cpu about 65C instead of 80-85C while stress testing. He did that with an Asus mobo. I'm kinda curious that is there a setting like that in Gigabyte mobos as well just under an other name? Or is that fine if i just lower the vcore voltage?
What motherboard and processor do you have?

Oh yes, and also about 'offset' voltage adjusment..

When you manually set a core voltage it makes Vcore that voltage all the time, whether at light load or full load. That's why a processor runs so much hotter as it will run the higher voltage needed to be stable at full load even when it's just a little bit loaded. So you can lower your voltage to help it run cooler at light to moderate loads but it will come at the expense of fully loaded stability.

With an offset voltage adjustment the VCore voltage is allowed to behave as though it's in Auto mode. That is, it goes up and down with load, so it peaks during heaviest loads and drops back a bit as the load slacks off which can allow the processor to cool off a bit.

This is what I've observed on my B450m Mortar motherboard since they added VCore Offset adjustment to BIOS.

And of course, VDroop makes things a bit more complicated as voltage will sag (VDroop) as the processor loads down the VRM, so there is LLC trying to compensate for it making it even more complicated to actually see what's happening in voltage readings. But that doesn't alter how offset voltage adjustment aids a cool running system.

Last edited:
That I can't tell you: I don't have an Aorus B450M.

BUT I can say...I HAD a Gigabyte B350M Gaming 3. Which I disliked immensely, but it DID have offset VCore adjustment. And in fact, that was the only adjustment method which was frustrating because dialing in the exact value was bothersome.

You'll know it's an offset adjustment if you can put in a negative value, so try that. You can NOT manually set a negative voltage, only a negative offset.