Offsite Display and Camera IP Control from Phone

Nov 5, 2022
I hope this is the right forum. I have been tasked to develop a display and camera setup on WiFi in another facility across town for video calling (Skype, etc) and for streaming safety talks to those at that site. And they want full control of this display and camera via their smartphones, both iOS and Android. I can't find a display, Smart TV or PC Monitor, that says it can be turned on and off remotely via IP control from a phone app. I don't know why, but that is a requirement. I have someone that can code an app for the phones if one does not exist to do what needs to be done, but I have no idea where to start on a hardware combination to make what they want work. I could see where a Smart TV might be controllable with an IP to IR device of some kind programmed to duplicate and emit the IR signals from a remote control. But I don't know if any exist off of the shelf. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to pull all of this off with no one doing anything on the display end? Thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
I hope this is the right forum. I have been tasked to develop a display and camera setup on WiFi in another facility across town for video calling (Skype, etc) and for streaming safety talks to those at that site. And they want full control of this display and camera via their smartphones, both iOS and Android. I can't find a display, Smart TV or PC Monitor, that says it can be turned on and off remotely via IP control from a phone app. I don't know why, but that is a requirement. I have someone that can code an app for the phones if one does not exist to do what needs to be done, but I have no idea where to start on a hardware combination to make what they want work. I could see where a Smart TV might be controllable with an IP to IR device of some kind programmed to duplicate and emit the IR signals from a remote control. But I don't know if any exist off of the shelf. Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to pull all of this off with no one doing anything on the display end? Thanks!
Have you looked at equipment from companies that specialize in video conferencing like Polycom (now Poly) -- https://www.poly.com/us/en/products/video-conferencing