Ohh BIG update tonight :)

Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news page
yet...
McG.

strider

McGrandpa proclaimed...

> Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news page
> yet...

DoD?

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

strider

> DoD?

Actually, it appears to be updating Half-life2 and HL2DM...

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

Three Half-Life 2: Deathmatch maps are now available via Steam. These maps
were created by the three players who won our recent HL2:DM mapping contest.
If you have HL2:DM installed in your Steam games list, you will receive the
new maps automatically.

The new maps are:

a.. Winner: dm_underpass by Scott M Jordan, USA

b.. 1st Runner Up: dm_resistance* by Jonathan Linker, Germany

c.. 2nd Runner Up: dm_powerhouse by Michael Schulz, Germany

This release also includes a Counter-Strike: Source update which fixes
incorrect player names appearing in the scoreboard.

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> McGrandpa proclaimed...
>
>> Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news
>> page yet...
>
> DoD?

nah, nuthin that good :) Just the 3 winners maps for HL2DM and a CS:S
update, plus some dinky think for HL2.

How ya been bud? Healthy I hope?
McG.

"asylum" <asylum@NOSPAMfrontiernet.net> wrote in message
> Three Half-Life 2: Deathmatch maps are now available via Steam. These
> maps were created by the three players who won our recent HL2:DM
> mapping contest. If you have HL2:DM installed in your Steam games
> list, you will receive the new maps automatically.
>
> The new maps are:
>
> a.. Winner: dm_underpass by Scott M Jordan, USA
>
> b.. 1st Runner Up: dm_resistance* by Jonathan Linker, Germany
>
> c.. 2nd Runner Up: dm_powerhouse by Michael Schulz, Germany
>

> This release also includes a Counter-Strike: Source update which fixes
> incorrect player names appearing in the scoreboard.

>> Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news
>> page yet...
>> McG.

yep, got it! Pretty good sized maps.
McG.

strider

McGrandpa proclaimed...

> How ya been bud? Healthy I hope?

Healthy, lol, nahh!

I'm now a full time smoker and don't exercise. I drink far to much, eat
far to much.

Now if you asked me if I was happy, I'd say 'apart from working for the
worst British company ever, I'm great!'

How you doing?

--

> Now if you asked me if I was happy, I'd say 'apart from working for the
> worst British company ever, I'm great!'

what....NTL
you poor soul

--
DrC [aghl]

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> McGrandpa proclaimed...
>
>> How ya been bud? Healthy I hope?
>
> Healthy, lol, nahh!
>
> I'm now a full time smoker and don't exercise. I drink far to much,
> eat far to much.
>
> Now if you asked me if I was happy, I'd say 'apart from working for
> the worst British company ever, I'm great!'
>
> How you doing?

Still hangin in there, still working, still slow, and being handed my
butt by most HL2DM players :) There are a lot of good playing maps out
now. POL has about finished his dm_gasworks_AGHL.bsp map! And I still
got grandkids poppin up all around me :)
All in all, I'm pretty good!
McG.

nick

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Now if you asked me if I was happy, I'd say 'apart from working for the
> worst British company ever, I'm great!'

Would that be BT?

strider

Nick proclaimed...

> Would that be BT?

*gasp*

How *did* you guess?

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

strider

McGrandpa proclaimed...

> Still hangin in there, still working, still slow, and being handed my
> butt by most HL2DM players :)

Not touched that in a while, I might load it up and take a look again.

> There are a lot of good playing maps out
> now. POL has about finished his dm_gasworks_AGHL.bsp map!

I know he uploaded the latest alpha, didn't know it was done.

> And I still
> got grandkids poppin up all around me :)

Can only be good.

> All in all, I'm pretty good!

Glad to hear it.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"A faineant government is not the worst
government that England can have. It has been the
great fault of our politicians that they have all
wanted to do something."

Anthony Trollope

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> McGrandpa proclaimed...
>
>> How ya been bud? Healthy I hope?
>
> Healthy, lol, nahh!
>
> I'm now a full time smoker and don't exercise. I drink far to much, eat
> far to much.
>
> Now if you asked me if I was happy, I'd say 'apart from working for the
> worst British company ever, I'm great!'
>
> How you doing?
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "A faineant government is not the worst
> government that England can have. It has been the
> great fault of our politicians that they have all
> wanted to do something."
>
> Anthony Trollope
Strider, have you done this upgrade yet? said nice things about you and
Peter in the cross post thread. McGrampa, forgot to put your name in there
as one of the regulars who helped a newbie as me. Paul

> So imagine in one of the rats style maps jumping
> to the floor from the ceiling light....splat!

Yeah one of the most annoying things in the gasworks remake was the
jumping from the top of the chimneys to the ground
Normally (back in the old days) you'd be respawning minus one point
Excellent!

rgds

nick

> Nick proclaimed...
>
>> Would that be BT?
>
> *gasp*
>
> How *did* you guess?

I rolled a pair of dice, erm, several times and came up with those two
letters. Tell me, what do they stand for?

;o)

nick

> Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news page
> yet...
> McG.

Woohoo! They fixed that stupid name problem in CS:S... not that I've tested
it yet.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:29:51 +0100, "Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote:

>"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> Nick proclaimed...
>>
>>> Would that be BT?
>>
>> *gasp*
>>
>> How *did* you guess?
>
>I rolled a pair of dice, erm, several times and came up with those two
>letters. Tell me, what do they stand for?
>
>;o)

Bastard Twats

dr ratt

A change I noticed in HL2DM is, if you fall from a great height, you now die
: ( Rather than the usual 10 health point hit.

"taltos" <paulft1atcomcast.net> wrote in message
> "Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> McGrandpa proclaimed...
>>
>>> How ya been bud? Healthy I hope?
>>
>> Healthy, lol, nahh!
>>
>> I'm now a full time smoker and don't exercise. I drink far to much,
>> eat far to much.
>>
>> Now if you asked me if I was happy, I'd say 'apart from working for
>> the worst British company ever, I'm great!'
>>
>> How you doing?
>>
>> --
>> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
>> Homepage: stri.tk
>>
>> "A faineant government is not the worst
>> government that England can have. It has been the
>> great fault of our politicians that they have all
>> wanted to do something."
>>
>> Anthony Trollope
> Strider, have you done this upgrade yet? said nice things about you
> and Peter in the cross post thread. McGrampa, forgot to put your name
> in there as one of the regulars who helped a newbie as me. Paul

You're welcome :)
McG.

"Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
> A change I noticed in HL2DM is, if you fall from a great height, you
> now die
>> ( Rather than the usual 10 health point hit.

>> Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news
>> page yet...
>> McG.

Oooh, I'll be paying for that one! I think most of us have grown
accustomed to being able to leap from top floors and just lose 10pts
health. So imagine in one of the rats style maps jumping to the floor
from the ceiling light....splat! Respawn :) Won't take too many times
and we'll learn :p
McG.

That's a server side choice... You can have "realistic" fall damage or
the 10% damage... If you noticed on my server it's 10% fall damage....

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:17:58 GMT, "McGrandpa"
<McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

>"Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
>> A change I noticed in HL2DM is, if you fall from a great height, you
>> now die
>>> ( Rather than the usual 10 health point hit.
>>

>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Wonder what it all is? HL2, CS:S, HL2DM are all updating. No news
>>> page yet...
>>> McG.
>
>Oooh, I'll be paying for that one! I think most of us have grown
>accustomed to being able to leap from top floors and just lose 10pts
>health. So imagine in one of the rats style maps jumping to the floor
>from the ceiling light....splat! Respawn :) Won't take too many times
>and we'll learn :p
>McG.

"By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
who feel its power. It burns those who fight
its progress. And one day this untamed fire
of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
our world."

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> That's a server side choice... You can have "realistic" fall damage or
> the 10% damage... If you noticed on my server it's 10% fall damage....

Yeah, your server is where I figured that the 10% fall damage was the
norm. Now I know different :) Right that, the default is 'normal'
damage, not 10%. I've run bellas room locally and killed me pretty
easily jumping from the spawn spot up on the top of the bookcase to the
floor or to the castle.

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:17:58 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Desosa" <yadda@yadda.yadda> wrote in message
>>> A change I noticed in HL2DM is, if you fall from a great height, you
>>> now die
>>>

>>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Oooh, I'll be paying for that one! I think most of us have grown
>> accustomed to being able to leap from top floors and just lose 10pts
>> health. So imagine in one of the rats style maps jumping to the
>> floor from the ceiling light....splat! Respawn :) Won't take too
>> many times and we'll learn :p
>> McG.
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

Wrong again McG... My server is straight out of the box... For HL the
command was sv_falldamage 1 or 0 but it doesn't work in HL2 (I just
tried it)... Sv-gravity XXX works but it's not the same thing...
Pissed some folks off on my server tonight when I tried it.... Set it
at 1 and left them hanging on the ceiling, changed it to 1000 and they
all died a terrible death screaming all the way to the ground...

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:38:12 GMT, "McGrandpa"

> Wrong again McG... My server is straight out of the box... For HL the
> command was sv_falldamage 1 or 0 but it doesn't work in HL2 (I just
> tried it)... Sv-gravity XXX works but it's not the same thing...
> Pissed some folks off on my server tonight when I tried it.... Set it
> at 1 and left them hanging on the ceiling, changed it to 1000 and they
> all died a terrible death screaming all the way to the ground...

LOL! Great one!

Um, ok. So how did I get knocked only to 90% health in your and some
other servers, but I run it locally and get killed or have 15% left?
Anyway, just a curio to figure out. There are other more important
details to work out. That one's do-able :)
McG.

> On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 00:38:12 GMT, "McGrandpa"
> <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>> That's a server side choice... You can have "realistic" fall damage
>>> or the 10% damage... If you noticed on my server it's 10% fall
>>> damage....
>>
>> Yeah, your server is where I figured that the 10% fall damage was the
>> norm. Now I know different :) Right that, the default is 'normal'
>> damage, not 10%. I've run bellas room locally and killed me pretty
>> easily jumping from the spawn spot up on the top of the bookcase to
>> the floor or to the castle.

>>> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
>>> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
>>> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
>>> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
>>> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
>>> our world."
>>

> "By our efforts we have lit a fire as well;
> a fire in the minds of men. It warms those
> who feel its power. It burns those who fight
> its progress. And one day this untamed fire
> of freedom will reach the darkest corners of
> our world."

TRENDING THREADS