Ohh - THGC actually has a moderator

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
but I'm trying to stop, but I keep getting these replies by these people, oh man they are so annoying.
I know how you feel, we get many replies from you, and they sure as hell are annoying!

<i>Hi I am from Canada, I don't use amd cause they melt my igloo eh.</i>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Man, just give up. How can you expect performance to increase at a constant rate for each MHz jump? Obviously as the processor speeds up there are other bottlenecks that are more significant in the system. Your reasoning is flawed and I believe everyone here agrees with me.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

mala

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2001
Great post, Copenhagen. I think that sums it all up.
Everybody friends again?

I enjoyed the article, but I agree with Taylanator that some things were a bit confusing. I would have liked to see all pentium systems running with the same memory subsystem. That would isolate the CPU and show how different applications will scale during the next 12 months.
For example: Will Quake3 continue to scale with 7fps/100MHz as the RDRAM pentium systems suggests, or will the gains decrease as the 3000A DDR system suggests?
But as someone said: this wasn't primarily a benchmark review.

And you could probably figure it out by combining the benches of this OC:ed pentium, the i845D-review, the Nothwood review and doing some math.
Actually, I think I'm gonna do just that.