Question Oil circles on GPU backplate and RGB issue

tabishtq

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hi there hope everyone is doing well.

So my question is of two part.

1.) Yesterday I bought a Cintiq 13HD which I was testing by attaching its HDMI to my GPU because I don't have any HDMI on my monitor and I wanted both my monitor and Cintiq to work, so today I went in and bought the only available DVI-D single link cable since double link wasn't available and my monitor and GPU has a DVI-D double port. So I bought it brought it home connect it to my GPU and monitor so the HDMI on the GPU gets free for Cintiq.

Turned on the system, upon booting I found that my GPU lights/RGB seemed turned off which is odd because they usually stay on even outside windows though I see the fan spin and stop (they only run on intensive usage because of the settings in Aorus). When I booted into windows I found that the resolution seems lower I thought maybe its the new port and need a little detecting by the system but when I right clicked to reach NVIDIA control panel it wasn't available, I panicked and thought my GPU is fried and maybe its the cable's fault so I forced shut down my system because it was still loading windows/programs which seem stuck at that time.I removed the cable and then switched back to my HDMI then I turned my system again the GPU lights seemed off and when I booted in windows I quickly went in Aorus and RGB fusion and once they started the lights came back. Now I don't get what happened at all I even removed the card from board re attached it but now every time I boot my card don't show any light until I boot into windows and Aorus and RGB fusion is on, so is this okay or does Aorus and RGB fusion has some settings which I need to set. I also updated the NVIDIA drivers just now.

2.) I just noticed when I opened my case that the GPU back-plate seem to have 2 inch circular oil stain or something similar because they were quite prominent over the dusty plate. So I took out the card cleaned the dust and when I rub with the normal microfiber they disappear, is my GPU dying I think its warranty is almost over what should I do.

See image of gpu with stain
View: https://imgur.com/1opwYhg

Sorry for my bad english.

Here are my specs

MSI X370 Pro Gaming Carbon
Aorus GTX 1060 6gb rev 2.0 RGB
16gb Corsair 3000mhz 8x8
2TB WD Sata
Hyper EVO 212 Cooler
550 Corsair PSU
Spec04 Corsair Case

Thanks in Advance.