[SOLVED] Oil like on laptop cooling,pls help

Hey there,

That is a bit odd alright. Does it wipe off with a lint free cloth? It doesn't look as if there is any corrosion, so it should be alright.

Before you re-assemble, I'd take those fans out and give them a good clean. They look pretty grubby which won't help clearing the heat from the heatpipes.

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hey there,

That is a bit odd alright. Does it wipe off with a lint free cloth? It doesn't look as if there is any corrosion, so it should be alright.

Before you re-assemble, I'd take those fans out and give them a good clean. They look pretty grubby which won't help clearing the heat from the heatpipes.

i know,this is new laptop a 4months old…

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hey there,

no it dosent wipe off…

Sometimes you expect a little residue when re-pasting, but not where it is on yours. With that said, it's very possible that at manufacture, an operator may left the mark and not cleaned it.

If you're able to clean it up with iso, then I wouldn't worry too much. If you are very concerned , might be an idea to speak to Acer and see what they say.

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Sometimes you expect a little residue when re-pasting, but not where it is on yours. With that said, it's very possible that at manufacture, an operator may left the mark and not cleaned it.

If you're able to clean it up with iso, then I wouldn't worry too much. If you are very concerned , might be an idea to speak to Acer and see what they say.

ok thanks,i will ask acer myb,but laptop is brand new buyed 4months ago…so if you say no worry then ok thanks :)

ok thanks,will do when dey responde…

what dou you think of artic mx2 2019ed for laptop cpu/gpu?

TBH I haven't tried it. But, I've tried Arctic MX4/Cooler Master Gel, and Noctua NT-H1. Of all of them, the Noctua has been the best performer for me (Omen 15 ) and that's for both CPU/GPU. MX4 was about 2-5c higher, and CM Gel was the worst, about 3-7 higher, which is weird because it has the highest conductivity rating for all 3.

Last edited:

Matoo69

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
TBH I haven't tried it. But, I've tried Arctic MX4/Coller Master Gel, and Noctua NT-H1. Of all of them, the Noctua has been the best performer for me (Omen 15 ) and that's for both CPU/GPU. MX4 was about 2-5c higher, and CM Gel was the worst, about 3-7 higher, which is weird because it has the highest conductivity rating for all 3.

uh oh,thanks,i heard that new edition master gel are great… what you think will mx2 be better then stock thermal..i know laptop is just 4month old but just asking