OilRush Coming to PC, Linux, Looks Stunning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I couldn't help but crack up laughing while watching the trailer. I don't know about anyone else but I found all the commotion around the oil platform to be amusing. Lots of little naval and air craft swarming about meanwhile the oil platform is casually continuing about it's business. I'm thinking, "when is the missile coming?" and then right on cue as if from a B rated movie, kaboom!

Stifle

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Sounds like a very fun LAN party game, also looks fairly demanding on the hardware side.

On another note, I believe this will become the new training software for the US Navy

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Awesome. I'm expecting a 64-bit Linux version since the engine supports it. Hopefully they have Linux/Windows cross-platform multiplayer support. Extending that to PS3 would be nice but that's probably asking a lot.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Actually, to be honest, for Unigine, the graphics seen here aren't very impressive. They've obviously scaled it back, their engine is capable of much, MUCH more.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]crisisavatar[/nom]The oil incident was indeed an accident no1 could predict, this following is just another random event.[/citation]
It's not that hard to predict when oil companies ignore safety regulations and skimp on safety devices. Not to mention they simply don't have the technology to stop and clean up these spills in a timely manner.

popcornmachine

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
The idea of the game points out the stupidity of drilling for oil in the ocean.

Even if it has the best graphics ever, the game does not appeal to me at all. Too bad really. They couldn't think of something better than fighting over oil rigs? Sad.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
@ ravewulf

Wouldn't be that big of an issue if congress would have waited to have their witch hunnt till after the well was sealed. 60 days that well leaked because of the us congress and their interfierance on the matter of actually sealing it. The should have let bp bandaid it. Then demanded that bp cpme up with a perminent solution within 90 days. Less barrels in the ocean is better for rverything even if they had to fix it a thousand times. Also from a logistical standpoint this disaster was unavoidable. There is just no way to prepaire for a spill that size. Its like expecting homeland security to be able to contain the effects of a biological icbm to a single building.

Now as for this game we need more games like this, it looks awesome! Although its probably being held back by the ps3s very dated gpu and lack of onboard memory. I'm loving the multiplatform support!

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
@BulkZerker

It's pretty obvious, if you can't handle safety protocols and don't have a plan for when something goes wrong, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to do something that could do catastrophic damage to the entire planet. This is the only habitable planet that we know of, so we might want to be a little bit extra careful with it.

Anyways, this game looks fun, but I'll wait till they release it on DVD, I like to keep my media at home with me, not just download stuff. The net out here sucks.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Cool stuff. As a petroleum engineer, this interests me. I think it might be cool building your own production facilities as long as it has a deeper strategy than just click once and the facility is built.

Who knows, could be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.