Question Ok, I shot myself in the foot.

Apr 20, 2021
I've been putting PCs together for about 30 years now and this is the first I haven't been able to get going. And I'm not too proud to ask for help.
I have a ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F gaming motherboard that took several minutes to boot. Once booted everything ran fine. Fine for months, just don't get in a hurry for it to boot. I mentioned this to a network tech friend of mine and he did a little digging, and came back where to look.
Apparently bios number 1.0.0.3 were slow to boot and I needed to reflash my bios to 1.0.0.4. I found the right bios (the latest) on ASUS's website and reflashed my bios. That is where I should have stayed in bed. I now have a PC that won't boot. The bios recovery program, EZ FLASH BIOS, refuses to load for either the DVD (factory supplied disk with drivers, recovery bios) drive or for the USB drive. I have cleared the CMOS, removed the battery and it still ignores the drive and USB mem-stick, (1 gig formated to FAT32, only thing on it is new BIOS). The only tattle tail I have is the multi color LED on the motherboard. Depending on whether or not the CMOS is cleared I get 2 different light patterns.
1) CMOS cleared; Amber, Red, dark, Amber, Red, dark, White, Amber, Red, dark, White, Green.
2) CMOS NOT cleared; Amber, Red, dark, Amber, Red, dark, White, Green.
On the screen I get the ROG logo and prompts telling me to push F2 or DEL to get into the UFEI boot menu. My keyboard light up, but the keys seem to be asleep
(no response). I have yet to contact ASUS support, but I will be soon.
Where do I need to go next? Or have I successfully bricked my motherboard?
I'm going to get an older PS2 keyboard and try that. I'm running out of ideas.

Apr 20, 2021
Hi Dan B.

What is the full system specs?
AMD RYZEN 5 3600
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING (1, as there is 2 versions now)
32 gig Corsair Vengeance 4x8gig DDR4 3200mhz
Radeon XFX RX 580 GTS
Samsung SSD 1TB 860 EVO
an old Rosewill case
REPLACE POWER 1000watt power supply (overkill, they ran out of 750watt)

Which BIOS version did you try to flash?
ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING BIOS 4301

Last edited by a moderator: