[SOLVED] ok its a Silly question but....

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
ok this may be a silly question , but Im more looking for thoughts on this. My motherboard (gigabyte B450) has "AORUS" in RGB over the VRMs, and partly blocked by the read exhaust fan. so I was debating on mounting that fan on the back but outside the case, still in a pull (exhaust config) .. I cant think of any reasons why this wouldn't be as effective (short of looks) but the back of my case is hidden anyway , Do you think this is a silly idea? would you think it would make any real difference in Temps, or effectiveness of said Fan ? I know its a odd question, I suppose its just my OCD messing with me as I find it so odd they (gigabyte) made that area RGB yet inside case fan hides half the word.. so any thought would be great, short of ya your a idiot for thinking this.. lol.. even better if anyone has done this and has any results , anyway thanks in Advance for any input

Solution
ok this may be a silly question , but Im more looking for thoughts on this. My motherboard (gigabyte B450) has "AORUS" in RGB over the VRMs, and partly blocked by the read exhaust fan. so I was debating on mounting that fan on the back but outside the case, still in a pull (exhaust config) .. I cant think of any reasons why this wouldn't be as effective (short of looks) but the back of my case is hidden anyway , Do you think this is a silly idea? would you think it would make any real difference in Temps, or effectiveness of said Fan ? I know its a odd question, I suppose its just my OCD messing with me as I find it so odd they (gigabyte) made that area RGB yet inside case fan hides half the word.. so any thought would be great...
ok this may be a silly question , but Im more looking for thoughts on this. My motherboard (gigabyte B450) has "AORUS" in RGB over the VRMs, and partly blocked by the read exhaust fan. so I was debating on mounting that fan on the back but outside the case, still in a pull (exhaust config) .. I cant think of any reasons why this wouldn't be as effective (short of looks) but the back of my case is hidden anyway , Do you think this is a silly idea? would you think it would make any real difference in Temps, or effectiveness of said Fan ? I know its a odd question, I suppose its just my OCD messing with me as I find it so odd they (gigabyte) made that area RGB yet inside case fan hides half the word.. so any thought would be great, short of ya your a idiot for thinking this.. lol.. even better if anyone has done this and has any results , anyway thanks in Advance for any input
Although not for same reason I've done just that a while ago. Worked just as good as it was inside. Because of cats I put a guard over it.
Only problem was finding a way to route cable thru the case. Luckilly it had a free slot at the back.

Solution

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
well I figured it couldn't make too much of a difference, but where its sorta out there .. I really didn't know, and yes routing cable I may have to figure out , it just annoys the heck out of me to have half that name (light) blocked by a fan lol.. clearly Gigabyte didn't consider OCD when they designed that LOL.. but thanks for the response =)