Question Ok now i seriously think that my gpu is underperforming. Please help

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
Before my 3060 was running valorant at 270-305 fps, now its 220 - 200. HUGE difference. Can anyone help me increase fps / help me find the problems (without having to get a new gpu)?

[Xmp / DCOP does not work for me so that won't work]

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z590-V
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 gaming OC
CPU: Core I5 11600kf

[I KNOW i shouldn't be crying about 220 fps. But still a huge difference and I'm mad]

Giant Hunger

Upstanding
Jun 23, 2021
Before my 3060 was running valorant at 270-305 fps, now its 220 - 200. HUGE difference. Can anyone help me increase fps / help me find the problems (without having to get a new gpu)?

[Xmp / DCOP does not work for me so that won't work]

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z590-V
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce RTX 3060 gaming OC
CPU: Core I5 11600kf

[I KNOW i shouldn't be crying about 220 fps. But still a huge difference and I'm mad]
is your gpu hot when it runs valorant? the more hotter it is the more it decrease the fps.

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
It would be helpful if you explained the circumstances around your drop in fps; I can't look into my crystal ball to find out why a person's fps dropped from one number to another without more context.
nothing really happened to it. I didn't touch the GPU or any components inside (runs on an rm750 so its not a psu issue).

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
Did you change anything around the same time, whether hardware or software? Did you update anything game or OS related around the time this happened?
Hmmm, I can't recall when I updated bios before or after this happened, but the updating of bios was pretty recent (2-3 weeks ago). with the best of my ability, I think this happened after

RTX 2080

Estimable
Hmmm, I can't recall when I updated bios before or after this happened, but the updating of bios was pretty recent (2-3 weeks ago). with the best of my ability, I think this happened after
Ok, good to know. Updating your BIOS can return any settings related to a CPU overclock or XMP back to default. I've done this before and then noticed that my i7-9700k was boosting to 4.6 GHz instead of 5.1 GHz; my overclock had been reset. Double check that any settings you have adjusted in your BIOS are still properly enabled. I'm assuming you have overclocked your i5-11600k at some point?

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
Ok, good to know. Updating your BIOS can return any settings related to a CPU overclock or XMP back to default. I've done this before and then noticed that my i7-9700k was boosting to 4.6 GHz instead of 5.1 GHz; my overclock had been reset. Double check that any settings you have adjusted in your BIOS are still properly enabled. I'm assuming you have overclocked your i5-11600k at some point?
nopers. I put settings at default

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
could be it like a power saving kinda thing?

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
no overclock on the cpu either

Fatblabs

Great
Jun 29, 2021
Well, you should make sure that your Windows power plan is set to something like "maximum performance..."

I'd try overclocking your 11600k if I were you; Intel CPUs really earn their keep when you push their clock speeds up and it can make a big difference in frame rate.
seems like I don't have that option tho for some reason. I'm pretty sure those are only for laptops with batteries. Also how do I overclock my cpu? not very great with that

ASK THE COMMUNITY