Ok so in like 3 months i will be building my first pc how long would this pc take to build?

Solution

Those are all things you should do outside of the case. Hooking up the case wiring, setting up the CPU heat sink mounting bracket, that should take no time at all if you do these things prior to installation. Cable management honestly can be the most time consuming part of any build.

Acapella

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2013
How long will it take you to put it together? It depends on how much trouble you have mounting the heatsink, fiddling with front panel connectors, and the other simple-yet-time-consuming things. It could range from 2-3 hours if you're quick, to 6-8 if you have to take frustration breaks. Cable management is just handling where your cables are located in relation to fans and how they impact the airflow of your case. You obviously don't want wires in fans, and you don't want to block essential airflow by a jumble or poorly positioned cables. Plus if you have a window, you'll want it to look nice, not cabley. Cable ties are cheap, and some might come with your power supply.

g-unit1111

Titan

Those are all things you should do outside of the case. Hooking up the case wiring, setting up the CPU heat sink mounting bracket, that should take no time at all if you do these things prior to installation. Cable management honestly can be the most time consuming part of any build.

Solution

Acapella

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2013

Whether it's inside or outside of the case, it's still time spent. He asked how long it would take to build his pc, so regardless of where/how he's building it, he's going to spend time doing so.

A lot will depend on how well you have read and understood the motherboard manual. Also, how good your eyesight is (hooking up the tiny wires going to the front panel header), and how good your manual dexterity is.

Building a computer is not a race to see how fast you can do it. Rather you want to make sure it is done right so you don't have to do a bunch of troubleshooting if it doesn't power up once assembled. Some like to build it first outside of the case (breadboarding it), on a non-conductive surface like the motherboard box.

Honestly, once you get the hang of it, loading the software will probably take longer than the actual assembly.

Bluesman5647

Reputable
Oct 7, 2015
I built one in 33 mins but then again, I have prior experience and I had everything ready and in place before I started. Be sure to have good diagrams handy before you start...Good Luck