OK Tbird Dubs, My 800 Duron Can only go up to 950

G

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 7ZM
and there is only ways to incrase BUS SPEED on the board..
well with no voltage settings i can only overclock using the bus speed
This Motherboard 7ZM .. well it comes with this software utility which u can increase the bus speed and overlock in windows.. Easytune.. Well
The Highest i can get my Duron is 948 i think without it freezing up on me..
Any ideas?
HOW.... HOW can a board know what voltage to use??
There must be a way to incrase the multiplier...
Ideas?

ckbumps

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
you are probably being held back by the fsb not the cpu, if your board does not support multiplier adjustment I think you can adjust it by connecting certain bridges on the chip (voltage too) tom has an article about this check it out.
the voltage is determined by the arrangement of connected and unconnected bridges.
good luck breakin the ghz barrier!

$If Money Is The Root Of All Evil Than I Must Be Goin To Heaven$

G

Thanks man

I was thinking about that

but i wasn't sure if altering the l1 and l2 bridges would work for me
but thanks =)

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that is incredible...for your 800 to run at 948 with only fsb changes means that your fsb is running at 118.5mhz ddr. people rarely get beyond 110mhz before they reach stability problems. don't worry about the 1ghz mark. with a speed of 948mhz and 118mhz fsb you are running faster than it would at 1ghz and 100mhz fsb. a 118mhz+ fsb on a kt133 board is AMAZING (is it 100% stable?)

G

yes its 100% stable

im checking right now what it can do yes
118 Mhz bus and its 100% stable and fine and the cpu is at 944 i believe

Any higher it freezes up...
but.. 944 is impressive i know..
but.. im going to soon alter those birdges but one thing i dont fully understand is.. usually u sett he voltage for the cpu, how can this MB know what voltage to use???
Hmm
I guess its set like that on the processor im thinking.
Im worried about taking off the heatsink it was a bastard to get on i thought i damaged the processor!! and the board when i put it on but it works. ill have to be careful to take it off. But a 800 Duron should be fine at 1000 right? hehe event hen i can get 1150 from the bus speeed thing again once its set to 1000
=))

G

Also..
the hiest it can go it says is 166 MHz bus or 1328 MHz
i doubt it will go that high