Ok Todays Facts folks

G

Fact #1

1,700 X .72 is less than 1,400 X 1

Thats right folks the Screaming superchip from Intel is only on average around 72% as fast clock per clock as the AMD Athlon.

Fact #2

the power requirements for a P4 are a new ATX Standard that has a second powerconnector, in addition to this it's my understanding that you need a special Case for the new P4 and some sort of sheilding over the back of a P4 Motherboard. This is actualy more Stringent and expensive than the power recuiremnets for an Athlon.

Fact #3

FUGGER this aplys to you, no CPU will be stable without propercooling, someone like you will likely have a low thermal conductivity Steel $5 HSF from Raidoshack or where ever, go to www.coolerguys.com and spend $15 to get a decent heat sink.

Fact #4

I spent $900 to build my Athlon Rig, Athlon 850@975 with a 150 mhz bus speed, using an Abit KT7a and Corsair PC150 memory and a 32 meg Geforce 2, It's totaly stable ive run Sandra Burn in wizard and other torturous apps non stop for as long as 20 hours without a crash, and ive left it runing as long as 5 or 6 days with no problems, oh and spec wise if you go to www.madonion.com and run 3dmark 2001 i get 3700 at the 1024X768X32 stock test, faster than a dell p4 1.7 ghz, with GF2 Ultra.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jenspetersen on 06/03/01 04:46 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

dhlucke

Polypheme
You were doing so good until that last paragraph. What happened? That's the most wacked conclusion I've ever seen. Intel crumbling? Sheesh. No more flame wars please...pretty please....for the love of GOD!!!

<font color=red>Amd or Intel? Who cares?? Not me...</font color=red>

G

I like velveeta

--call it what you wish, with this machine I can make mercury flow in 3 directions at once--

G

I eat my boogers.

<font color=blue>"640 Kilobytes of computer memory ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981</font color=blue>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the fact is <A HREF="http://www.tweakmax.com/html/fry1ghz/fry1ghz-2.cfm" target="_new">this </A>

"AMD/VIA...you <i>still</i> are the weakest link, good bye!"

G

Ever heard "there's more than one way to skin a cat"? Well if someone tried, I'd say there's more than one way to fry a Pentium 4. (or any Intel CPU)

Aklein

It's raining outside, and my lawn has grown a foot overnight!

TRENDING THREADS