[SOLVED] Okay build?

Aug 14, 2020
Hi everyone! Just an innocent question, I am planning to upgrade my PC so I can play better COD Warzone.

Current specs:
i5 8600 cpu
H310 mobo
Gtx 960
16gb hyperx Ram
1tb ssd plus sandisk
500W psu

I was thinking to upgrade my gtx 960 to either Radeon 5700 XT or a Geforce 2060 Super. And replace my mobo to a Z390 M Gaming or Mortar. I know that with these changes I would also need to upgrade my PSU.. Need recommendations, help!

Aug 14, 2020

logainofhades

Titan
yah what will be price for that...everybody wait for 3080 an 3090 gpu and check reviews from Jayztwocents...new stuff isnt mean its good...

What do GPU's have to do with this? We are talking about CPU's here. Even if 4th gen doesn't quite live up to expectations, 3rd gen will be heavily discounted. This close to a launch, wait for reviews. The prices will most likely be similar to what every other Ryzen gen has launched at, when they were released.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Yeah, you'll undoubtedly see the most performance benefit from upgrading your graphics hardware. Upgrading the motherboard would result in negligible performance gains, just allowing you to run your RAM a little faster, and probably wouldn't be worth doing unless you needed a new motherboard to go with a newer CPU. An i5-8600 is still a fairly decent processor though, so there probably isn't a pressing need to upgrade that right away.

If you are looking at cards in the ~$400 USD range though, there will likely be new, faster options available within the next couple months. The RTX 3070 for example, should be launching next month, and is expected to offer over 50% more graphics performance than a 2060 SUPER, with prices starting around $500. And there's expected to be a new 3060-class card coming not too long after that, which I would expect to offer perhaps around 30% more performance than a 2060 SUPER for around $400, or perhaps a little less. If the recently launched 3080 is anything to go by though, availability might be extremely low for a while. AMD will be announcing new high-end cards several weeks from now as well, and while performance gains are still a bit vague, I would expect them to be similar, if not a little better around that price level.

Some games are graphics limited like fast action shooters.
Others are cpu core speed limited like strategy, sims, and mmo.
Multiplayer tends to like many threads.

You need to find out which.
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Your 500w PSU may limit what your graphics card upgrade options are, depending on quality.
Here is a handy chart:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

If you are cpu limited, that becomes more complicated.
What is the make/model of your motherboard?
Your H110 motherboard can perhaps in theory install a i9-9900KS.
More likely, a i7-9700 would represent a good upgrade.