[SOLVED] Okay, I have some internet issues

Jyy

Feb 23, 2021
Okay I have a problem, my router supports 1gbs full duplex internet and I have a ethernet cable that has 8 wires also supporting 1gbs full duplex. But when I plug in my Ethernet to my pc, it starts to work. But say I go into a game of Apex my Internet suddenly loses connection . I NEED HELPPPP

Solution
You need to leave that setting on auto. If it does not properly negotiate a 1gig connection you likely have a defective cable. Many people are having issues with fake cables, people buy flat cables because they are cheaper but none actually conform to the ethernet standard.

When you set your pc to some value and the router is set to auto (almost all routers will only run in auto) the router will many times get confused and run at the wrong speed even though your PC says it is running say 1gbit.

Now if your internet connection you buy from your ISP is slower than 100mbps then you could just ignore the problem and leave the port on 100mbps.

Jyy

Feb 23, 2021
No its more than that its in every game I play and my web browser is working perfectly fine its just when I put 1 gbps full duplex it just wont work when I try to run games, and even when I'm not running games the internet connection just turns off eventually and I have to go back to 100 mbps full duplex

You need to leave that setting on auto. If it does not properly negotiate a 1gig connection you likely have a defective cable. Many people are having issues with fake cables, people buy flat cables because they are cheaper but none actually conform to the ethernet standard.

When you set your pc to some value and the router is set to auto (almost all routers will only run in auto) the router will many times get confused and run at the wrong speed even though your PC says it is running say 1gbit.

Now if your internet connection you buy from your ISP is slower than 100mbps then you could just ignore the problem and leave the port on 100mbps.

Solution