Okidata Microline 184 Turbo dip switch settings

Hi everybody,

Here is an odd request: I need to help someone to configure an ancient
Okidata Microline 184 Turbo dot matrix printer. Might anyone still have
doc with dip switch settings (I believe model 182 is suitable as well)?
I believe the printer is configured for serial interface and I need to
change to parallel.

Thanks in advance,
please remove XXX if replying to me directly.

F S wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Here is an odd request: I need to help someone to configure an ancient
> Okidata Microline 184 Turbo dot matrix printer. Might anyone still have
> doc with dip switch settings (I believe model 182 is suitable as well)?

Yes. Okidata does. (http://www.myokidata.com will take you to the relavant
part of their website.)

> I believe the printer is configured for serial interface and I need to
> change to parallel.

Unplug serial cable (if any) and plug in parallel cable. As far as I could
make out from the users manual at the above site, that's all you need to do
at the printer end.

> Thanks in advance,
> please remove XXX if replying to me directly.

..