[SOLVED] old 300w power supply for new gpu

Oct 1, 2020
i have old 300w power supply and i want power my gpu (amd rx570 8gb) and i undervolted this gpu it draws 66w power. if i buy molex to 8 pin pcie cable and connect to to my old psu can i run my gpu without problem? i use gpu for mining and i am gonna just plug gpu on this psu nothing else (no motherboard no cpu...).

Solution
i have old 300w power supply and i want power my gpu (amd rx570 8gb) and i undervolted this gpu it draws 66w power. if i buy molex to 8 pin pcie cable and connect to to my old psu can i run my gpu without problem? i use gpu for mining and i am gonna just plug gpu on this psu nothing else (no motherboard no cpu...).
Mining systems stress power supplies and GPU's. Using an old, low power PSU with adapters for mining is a problem waiting to happen.
Mining systems stress power supplies and GPU's. Using an old, low power PSU with adapters for mining is a problem waiting to happen.

Reactions: btcpaladin
Solution