[SOLVED] Old access data base not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Feb 10, 2020
I'm not good with English so bear with me.

An old database of access stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10.
Its for work but I cannot reach the IT person for a while but I need to use the database.

I get a "run time error 2501" and something to do with OpenForm when I choose a certain input option, and sadly that's the most important one.

I tried access 2016, 2007, 2000. Nothing works.

Its not something wrong with the database it self, it works fine on my co-worker's laptop.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Another possibility - since you're able to successfully run the same report from a co-workers laptop, I assume using their ID, the error could point to an issue with Trusted Locations created by the Win 10 upgrade.

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
Another possibility - since you're able to successfully run the same report from a co-workers laptop, I assume using their ID, the error could point to an issue with Trusted Locations created by the Win 10 upgrade.

Solution

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
Is there anyway I can run it on the laptop?

I'm not certain I'm right on the cause but you can try:

1. Click the File tab.
  2. Click Options.
  3. Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.
  4. Click Trusted Documents.
  5. Check "Allow documents on a network to be trusted"
Then select Trusted Locations (above Trusted Document) and add C:\

There aren't any pending Win Updates?

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxIsMighty
Feb 10, 2020
No windows updates pending. I set the location of the database and the database itself to trusted. I also tried opening it on my personal computer that has Office 2016, doesn't open. I thought the database was corrupted or something so I got a fresh copy, same problem. Becoming hopeless here :(

TRENDING THREADS