[SOLVED] Old Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 Mobo - Assistance needed to find compatible RAM

kkeymer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2020
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and need a little help. I'm looking for compatible RAM for the pretty old Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 Mobo.
Ideally the higher 1600mhz modules, and I'm hoping to install up to either 16 GB or 32 GB max.
I use it for a lot of photo and audio editing, as well as gaming when I get the time. My CPU is the AMD - FX 8350 8 Core, and my GPU is the ASUS GTX1650 SUPER OC 4GB DDR6 2 Lighting Overclocked.

I did have the 16 GB 1866mhz Hyper X Fury, two years ago but they died on me after a few months. I think it was setting the wrong voltage, or OC I'm not 100% sure what happened. As I let the BIOS choose the optimal settings.

My old RAM, Samsung 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600mhz, I have tried finding online for sale in the 2 x 8 GB option, but with no luck. I'm currently using that but I only have 8 GB, And the support page for compatible RAM is very confusing on the Asus site. I only understand very basic knowledge of RAM types and find all the variations confusing. And just go by what I have read here and there, So some expert advice and maybe a link to what I need on amazon.co.uk or ebuyer, would be greatly appreciated?

Kind Regards,

kkeymer.

kkeymer

Commendable
Jan 29, 2020
My mobo does an auto OC of the CPU from 4000 to 4350, and I think I may have broke the memory by not letting it underclock the RAM, when testing. Or the auto voltage wasn't correct for the RAM. So it could have been my fault? I just let it do the auto settings now. And I don't mess with it .

So I assume i couldn't RMA the RAM?