[SOLVED] Old Build vs New Build

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
Hi.... I am having some trouble. I am planning a future upgrade to my system in the near future. I will list my current PC with as much detail as possible and what I hope to be my new build. My current one is about 9 years outdated now but runs just fine. My problem is that as far as games go I only play Diablo 3 and some older games. I would like a new system for when Diablo 4 comes out and have the hardware to run it. I would like to keep some current parts like my monitor for now & SSD for added storage plus my optical drive as I still rent movies from Red Box. Please help me decide what parts I should get and please give me details as to why. I can build a PC no problem as I have built dozens in the past but I don't know if my newer PC will be overkill for me. As a side note I don't overclock any of my parts and never will. Thanks everyone.

Current PC

New PC

Solution
I know my new build will kill Diablo 3, heck my current PC does that. I just want something newer than what I currently have and not like 5 years old hardware wise.

D3 Specs:
Diablo III Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • OS: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (Latest Service Packs)
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 260 or ATI Radeon HD 4870 or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 4.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 4.0
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 12 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 512 MB

D4:
Recommended Requirements, Predicted

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz / AMD FX-8370
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon...

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
Apologies but it's difficult to predict what it will take to run games that are unannounced and I don't feel comfortable to say the build is good (which it is) on the off chance that the hardware is obsolete when Diablo 4 eventually releases.

I know my new build will kill Diablo 3, heck my current PC does that. I just want something newer than what I currently have and not like 5 years old hardware wise.

D3 Specs:

D4:

• Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • System Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 40 GB Hard drive space

So based on this I think my newer system is more than enough for it but I'm more of a budget kind of guy. I don't make a lot of money and saving is really hard. My current system runs fine but its pushing 10 years old and anything can happen. All the parts I used where used except the mobo when I built it 3 years ago. I have no idea what kind of performance the previous owners used them for. So I think it's time to upgrade.

As for my monitor, I know its not the best but I don't need to game at 2k or 4k. 1080p does me just fine and it is 60hz. Do you think I should hold onto it?

D3 Specs:

D4:

• Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • System Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 40 GB Hard drive space
So based on this I think my newer system is more than enough for it but I'm more of a budget kind of guy. I don't make a lot of money and saving is really hard. My current system runs fine but its pushing 10 years old and anything can happen. All the parts I used where used except the mobo when I built it 3 years ago. I have no idea what kind of performance the previous owners used them for. So I think it's time to upgrade.

As for my monitor, I know its not the best but I don't need to game at 2k or 4k. 1080p does me just fine and it is 60hz. Do you think I should hold onto it?
Ah I see if it's that old yeah you might want to upgrade and you could play other games if you got interested in one, hertz and resolution is subjective everyone feels different about it some say you NEED 144hz other's say you need 1440P if your card can power it, but honestly if you are happy with your current monitor it should be fine if it's getting a little old maybe get a new 60 or 75 hz one as your next upgrade.

Solution