[SOLVED] Old computer upgrade

Sep 22, 2021
I like to upgrade my old Lenovo computer and I have several questions about this computer. The processor is Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 with 64 bit and it supports DDR2 and DDR3.
~ It currently uses DDR2 with 3 GB RAM with 2 sticks. Is it possible to upgrade to 8GB DDR3 RAM?
~ Due to only one VGA monitor, I want to have 2 extended. I could not find any VGA adapter to do so. Any idea?
~ Is it possible to add a DDR3 with 1 GB or 2 GB graphic card after upgrading to 8 GB RAM?

Solution
~ It currently uses DDR2 with 3 GB RAM with 2 sticks. Is it possible to upgrade to 8GB DDR3 RAM?
It depends on the motherboard. But it likely only supports DDR2.
Due to only one VGA monitor, I want to have 2 extended. I could not find any VGA adapter to do so. Any idea?
If you're running off of integrated graphics, you'll need a graphics card if the motherboard doesn't have any additional outputs.
~ Is it possible to add a DDR3 with 1 GB or 2 GB graphic card after upgrading to 8 GB RAM?
It's possible to add a graphics card as long as there's a PCIe x16 slot and the power supply has enough room to do so. Though I'm sure someone here will tell you that you should go and replace the power supply. Or buy a new computer...
It depends on the motherboard. But it likely only supports DDR2.
Due to only one VGA monitor, I want to have 2 extended. I could not find any VGA adapter to do so. Any idea?
If you're running off of integrated graphics, you'll need a graphics card if the motherboard doesn't have any additional outputs.
It's possible to add a graphics card as long as there's a PCIe x16 slot and the power supply has enough room to do so. Though I'm sure someone here will tell you that you should go and replace the power supply. Or buy a new computer.

What exact model of computer do you have? This will also help us.

Solution
There were a few old DDR2/DDR3 motherboards that supported both DDR2 and DDR3. I can't remember, but it may have depended on the CPU as well. The motherboard will determine how much RAM it will recognize. Find out the exact model motherboard you have.

For dual-monitors you could use a USB to VGA adapter.

For a graphics card you may use one depending on your power supply. With older (non-UEFI) motherboards you typically have to go with older graphics cards. If you use a dedicated graphics card you should be able to skip the USB to VGA adapter.