Old cpu newer graphics card

Sep 19, 2017
Hello. So I have a noobish question. At the moment I got an i3 -4130 cpu and a gt 610 graphics card. I wanna get a gtx 1060 graphics card. Will I have any problems just cause I got an older cpu? Or does it not matter? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Agree we need full pc spec’s. However the 1060 is able to play modern AAA games at very high settings when running 1080p, but the i3 4130 is below the minimum recommended for most if not all modern AAA games. Therefore it’s going to be a very unbalanced system and for a lot of games the cpu will significantly limit performance.
Agree we need full pc spec’s. However the 1060 is able to play modern AAA games at very high settings when running 1080p, but the i3 4130 is below the minimum recommended for most if not all modern AAA games. Therefore it’s going to be a very unbalanced system and for a lot of games the cpu will significantly limit performance.

Solution

avalon096

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
There will be a slight bottleneck towards your CPU but upgrading your GPU is way better your GT 610 is really slow upgrading to a 1060 will make a huge difference even though it will be a bottleneck towards your CPU but will be a slight one don't worry

Depends on the game, agree the ‘bottleneck’ in some games might be slight but in some others it’s going to be significant.

This more about managing expectations. The 1060 is a huge upgrade over the 610 but a 4th gen i3 is going to really struggle in many modern AAA games regardless of gpu it is paired with.