Old cpu works - new one doesn't

Marco Campagnaro

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
Long story short.. I had an AMD Fx processor that died 2 weeks ago. The warranty was still good on it so I was able to request a new one.

I've been using an old processor my brother had lying around that is working fine.

My warranty replacement came in the mail today (the same processor as the one that died). I put it in my mobo, set everything up nicely. Go to boot it up and I get the same problem as before. Computer powers up fine: lights, fans all start up - But there is no boot screen or any signal for that matter going to my monitors, all I get is the CPU LED lighting up which is the same problem as the one I returned.

Not sure if maybe they sent me a faulty one again or something could be effecting this specific processor that is causing it to fail.. But I don't see that being the case as it worked fine for over a year before this shit happened.

Feeling a little frustrated and annoying so any advice would be appreciated!

Marco Campagnaro

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

I bought a new mobo when I initially had the issue, thinking the same thing. And it was not the issue, seeing as I still had the problem.

Marco Campagnaro

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

I cleared my CMOS.. I think. And still have the issue.

I moved the connector from pins 1 and 2, to pins 2 and 3 and waited a minute then put it back to 1 and 2. Nothing.

I also removed the battery and did the same process above.

Neither one worked..