Old Domains showing up in My Network Places

I have a domain with Win2k servers and NT 4 servers. The
domain controllers are NT4. A few months ago I set up a
couple of servers in their old domain to test some
software. I'm done with that and those test servers are
no longer running. The test servers have been
repartitioned, formatted, and have nw OSes installed.
The problem is these old domains still show up for all
users on the network in the were to browse My Network
Places or Network Neighborhoods. Stop these old domains
from showing up?

If your running WINS you'll need to open the WINS
database and sort by name then delete all mappings
pertaining to the old domain and wait at least 51 minutes
for a full browse cycle.

"Megladon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a domain with Win2k servers and NT 4 servers. The
> domain controllers are NT4. A few months ago I set up a
> couple of servers in their old domain to test some
> software. I'm done with that and those test servers are
> no longer running. The test servers have been
> repartitioned, formatted, and have nw OSes installed.
> The problem is these old domains still show up for all
> users on the network in the were to browse My Network
> Places or Network Neighborhoods. Stop these old domains
> from showing up?

That worked like a charm. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear it.. Thanks for the update.