Old drive to new drive

mrkz

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Hello.
I am using Windows 10.
So basically I just cloned my old drive onto my new drive.
My old drive is 1 TB, and was starting to run pretty slow.
My new drive is on 2 TB, and it said to run fast.
What I am trying to accomplish is to get my new drive to be my primary and my ONLY drive. I am going to remove the other drive. I want to make everything set and ready before I remove my other drive.

The problem I encountered is when I cloned the files on my old drive to my new drive, my NEW drive just got split up in 2 parts.

http://i.imgur.com/mgUWLEu.png

So basically, the LOCAL DISK C: is the old drive which I want to get rid of.
The new disk is now split into 2 parts Local Disk E: and Local Disk F:
How can I get both Local Disk E: and Local Disk F: together so all the files I gather is together?

Thank you for any help!
Please answer fast and ask if there is any details you need!

Go to Disk Manager (Search it or left click computer > manage > disk management) and then

You need to remove the second partition F (left click delete) and then extend partition E and take the free space that you just removed from F. Now it will be one single partition E

mrkz

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

Shrink or delete volume?

Delete volume. According to your screenshot the drive F is empty so you have nothing on it. Back it up just in case

mrkz

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

Yes, thank you that worked. Ok, so basically now. I have all the Windows files and all that on my 2nd drive now (the new one). How do I make that my primary drive?

Did you clone properly. As what you said it seems your old drive is still the Local Disk (main boot drive). Which program did you use for cloning. Make sure the program allow you to clone operating system too so that your new drive can be primary

mrkz

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

I used AOMEI backupper to clone it. I have all Windows files and everything on it.