[SOLVED] Old Dust Computer Back To Life

xitex

Prominent
Oct 21, 2018
Hello, this being my first post ever here at the forum i want to apologize for any mistake i might end saying at this post.

So, I've bought a "new" computer that i would like to use as a working computer to use to make school works, at word, excel, etc...

The Specs :

MB => ASRock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0
CPU => Intel E8500
RAM => BinFul 2X2GB 667MHZ
GPU => Asus GT630 2Gb
PSU => 1Life PsJet 500w80
SSD => Integral P Series 5 120gb

I've ran into some problems after getting the system to boot and installing windows.

First the memory, my system is reserving 897mb of memory to "hardware reserved", is that normal ? Almost 1GB of memory being reserved.. ?

Secondly, my bios takes a bit long to actually boot until it recognizes the ssd, i didnt know what settings in bios to change, i just kept the old settings that were for the HDD.

Thanks in advance.

4g0TY4J

MCv44bV

bsnQf0H

r0y4N7b

cy3Lqfw

ngyngGC

Bt2zcT7

Solution
Your motherboard has a vga output which should be sufficient for anything except fast action gaming.
If your monitor can accept vga, try connecting it to the motherboard and remove the GT630 card.
I suspect the ram issue will be lessened or eliminated.
If you are using a 32 bit version of windows, it will reserve some ram for hardware buffers for the graphics card and other devices.
That is normal.

In the bios check for an option to test ram at startup. You do not want that.
Also, it takes some time to figure out that a device is not present.
Disable any devices or adapters that you are not using like the integrated video adapter.

xitex

Prominent
Oct 21, 2018

No, i'm running 64bits version of windows 10.

I'm gonna take a look at that thank you!

Your motherboard has a vga output which should be sufficient for anything except fast action gaming.
If your monitor can accept vga, try connecting it to the motherboard and remove the GT630 card.
I suspect the ram issue will be lessened or eliminated.

Solution