[SOLVED] Old G41 won't boot on Windows 10 nor the USB installer

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
A Few days ago my brother was using his PC and everything was OK with windows 2004, he turned off the PC as usual, however the next morning when he turned of the PC started to restart after introducing bitlocker password. it restarted inmediately. So this is what I know so far.

The PC restarts inmediately after windows logo when:
Using the usb start key for bitlocker.
Manually introducing the passworkd.
Trying to load recovery.
Using F8 on boot.
Using a booteable USB will restart after finishing the progress bar.

PC won't restart when:
I'm in the BIOS
Run linux from USB
Run linux from SSD

Other things that I've tried:
Reseting the BIOS.
Leaving only one SSD (there are 2 connected).
Another PSU.
Switched the RAMs.

Specs:
Windows 10 2004.
GA-G41M Combo r2.0 (moded BIOS with microcode for xeon)
8gb DDR3 1333
Xeon E5430

Please any suggestions are welcome, I don't know what else should I try.

Solution
I'm assuming you've used Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer, if so, then the only possible explanation is that either the OS doesn't want to work with your platform or that the PSU you have is incapable of pwoering the system.

Might want to list the make and model of the PSU(and it's age) as well as the storage devices in your system. You've stated changing the PSU, state the make and models of the old and the new.

The primary boot device should be Windows Boot Manager, in case it was reset to a drive/device.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you've used Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer, if so, then the only possible explanation is that either the OS doesn't want to work with your platform or that the PSU you have is incapable of pwoering the system.

Might want to list the make and model of the PSU(and it's age) as well as the storage devices in your system. You've stated changing the PSU, state the make and models of the old and the new.

The primary boot device should be Windows Boot Manager, in case it was reset to a drive/device.

Solution

Danymq

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020

Yes I'm using media creation tool.
The PSU is around 3 months old it's a generic 600w, the other is also a generic 600w but it's new.

At the moment I don't have windows boot manager, because I totally wiped the SSD with ubuntu (only the kingston A400 240gb is connected.
It's weid because everything was ok and suddenly it stopped working on windows, now only works on linux.