Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
Hello guys,

This was my old setup:

AMD PHENOM 955 BE
Mother GA880GM USB3
8GB DDR3
Radeon HD 6770

I bought an used R9 380 to try an improve my League of Legends framerate and play at (maybe) max settings

To my surprise and ignorance, FPS won't go up much. I think my cpu o mortherboard and bottlenecking it;

What are your suggestions to improve this? I only play league of legends so I don't need the best computer..

EDIT: I have a gygabyte 500w psu

Solution
The problem is that the fastest CPU your motherboard would support would make a noticeable difference from what you have now, but of course a new CPU/ Mobo/ RAM wouldn't be cheap. So you might want to look somewhere like eBay or Craigslist for something noticeably faster, ever though it wouldn't be the latest and greatest (since the CPU you have is about 11 years old at this point).
The problem is that the fastest CPU your motherboard would support would make a noticeable difference from what you have now, but of course a new CPU/ Mobo/ RAM wouldn't be cheap. So you might want to look somewhere like eBay or Craigslist for something noticeably faster, ever though it wouldn't be the latest and greatest (since the CPU you have is about 11 years old at this point).

Solution
I was just looking up a couple things on ebay, and right now you can get a 4790k and a Gigabyte Z97 board for $165 USD. Uses the memory you already have and cuts down the middle in age (not quite 6 years old). Should be quite a large performance improvement.

Honestly, unless you have a decent case, it's pretty much time for a new component in everything listed, and, although you did not list the PSU, if it also hails from 2011, it's probably time for it's retirement, too.. (others have suggested R5-3600/B450 combo a VERY popular choice!)

aresjuant

Prominent
Aug 7, 2018
Thank you guys! I think my mobo is pretty decent, it's a CoolerMaster Elite 371.

Yeah, I know I've to update both motherboard and CPU; so I'm looking for something used that would improve my performance without having to change all of my build right now.. this a secondary computer I've at home for casual gaming; I just play some League Of Legends and would love to do it at Max settings, is my GPU good for this? I know League is not that demanding