[SOLVED] Old GeForce 460 GTX dead, looking for a new GPU

Jan 9, 2021
My GeForce 460 GTX GPU recently died and I am looking to buy a new GPU.

My system specs are:
  • i7 2600K CPU
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • MSI H67MA-E35 Motherboard
  • 240GB SSD
  • PSU LC600H-12 600W

I play games such as Overwatch, CS GO and Arma mainly and I don't mind playing on low or medium settings. Additionally I use a 60Hz monitor so buying a GPU that would get me more than 60FPS in a game is irrelevant for me.

I am looking for a simple GPU that would be either comparable to my old one or slightly better, depending on the price, but it seems that prices are really high right now. I was planning to spend only about 100€ on it (I am located in EU), because I planned to build a new PC in a year or so and this new GPU I would only use now until I build a new PC.

I am looking for advice on what GPUs should I look at with regrads to my budget and needs.

Thanks for answers in advance.

Solution
You can easily find RX 570's for less than 100euro's on the used market.
And that is not some el cheapo one,there are some pretty good models you can buy from trusted sellers,well thats the case atleast in my country.
And that is not some el cheapo one,there are some pretty good models you can buy from trusted sellers,well thats the case atleast in my country.

Solution
Jan 9, 2021

Thanks for the reply I will see what I can find in my country.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
+1 to NightHawk.

You're fortunate to not run into issues with this PSU over the years given that it's low-quality. Protect a new purchase with a PSU that isn't a cheap, group-regulated design from 1997. It's not even really a 500W PSU in a modern sense (not even 400W of +12V power), let alone 600W.

Jan 9, 2021
+1 to NightHawk.

You're fortunate to not run into issues with this PSU over the years given that it's low-quality. Protect a new purchase with a PSU that isn't a cheap, group-regulated design from 1997. It's not even really a 500W PSU in a modern sense (not even 400W of +12V power), let alone 600W.

I think that then I really must have been lucky, because I didn't have any issues with it. I will replace the PSU with one of the more reputable brands. I was actually thinking that instead of buying a new GPU for my old PC, I might be better of by building a new PC. The prices seem to be high right now, but I am OK with waiting for a better time. If I decided not to add a new GPU to my old PC, do you think that this PSU would be safe to use? Or is this brand generally so unreliable that even if I don't use a GPU in the PC I should still consider replacing it?