Question Old H60 AM4 bracket compatibility

Aug 30, 2019
I got an old Corsair H60 (I believe is the first edition) from a friend who no longer has a use for it but they didn't have a am4 bracket on hand. I was wondering if this bracket is compatible. If not then could you direct me to the correct bracket?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If it's an original, you'd be able to tell by the corrugated plastic tubing. The newer version switched to a rubber tubing (which puts far less torque on the fittings as its more flexible) which was a contributing factor in leaks. The plastic tubing also had a propensity for cracking.

This is the first edition. At that age, it's coolant will be worthless, more than likely we'll into the breaking down stage where it starts to gel up and loose coolant levels as a result.

Aug 30, 2019
If it's an original, you'd be able to tell by the corrugated plastic tubing. The newer version switched to a rubber tubing (which puts far less torque on the fittings as its more flexible) which was a contributing factor in leaks. The plastic tubing also had a propensity for cracking.

This is the first edition. At that age, it's coolant will be worthless, more than likely we'll into the breaking down stage where it starts to gel up and loose coolant levels as a result.
Ok, so it isn't the first edition, but it is this one I am still unsure whether or not this bracket is compatible with that cooler.
Edit: Thanks for the hasty reply

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The bracket that came with it for amd should fit AM4. The bracket you just listed is for AM4 if you have the original retention brackets mounted to the motherboard and at least 2x thumb screws.

You put the eyelet screws in a few threads from underneath, drop that bracket on top of the pump to line up with the blocks, hook the eyes around the stubs and screw down side to side back and forth until tight.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019
Thank you for answering my question. The reason why I was unsure whether or not it was compatible was because this wasn't originally mine and my friend didn't have the am4 bracket.