[SOLVED] Old HDD in new computer?

Jan 5, 2020
Hi, I was just wondering if I could use my old hard drive from another computer and put it into my new computer. I would like to have the hard drive like new without any data and without windows installed on it. is their any programs that gets rid of everything including windows?

The Hard Drive is a WD Blue 1Tb if that is of any help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
If your new computer already have a boot drive and windows installed you can just plug in that HDD in your new computer. Make sure the boot order is still your new computer drive so it doesn't try to boot on your old HDD instead. When you're in Windows just format the old HDD drive by right clicking on the drive and choosing format.

You will be left with an empty old HDD ready to be filled again.

EDIT : Make sure you copy the files you want to keep from the old HDD to the new drive before you format it ;)
If your new computer already have a boot drive and windows installed you can just plug in that HDD in your new computer. Make sure the boot order is still your new computer drive so it doesn't try to boot on your old HDD instead. When you're in Windows just format the old HDD drive by right clicking on the drive and choosing format.

EDIT : Make sure you copy the files you want to keep from the old HDD to the new drive before you format it ;)

Reactions: Sochi
Solution
Jan 5, 2020

Thanks so much for the help, I had no idea it was that easy.