Question old HDD, new hardware, what needs drivers?

May 4, 2019
just completely upgraded to new mobo, new ram, new cpu. only thing thats not new is graphics card. what needs drivers? i was looking up drivers for my mobo (B450 AORUS PRO WIFI) and they only had audio drivers, is that all i need? do i need CPU and RAM drivers?

popatim

Titan
i was looking up drivers for my mobo (B450 AORUS PRO WIFI) and they only had audio drivers, is that all i need?

You're mistaken
Select your OS and then click the little + next to the different section/heading to get it to show you those drivers. Gigabyte only shows you one heading at a time and defaults to Audio I believe. To see Chipset drivers, you need to click that + to expand that heading, which closes the other open section.
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#support-dl-driver

[Edit] Begin with your Chipset drivers then the rest.

just completely upgraded to new mobo, new ram, new cpu. only thing thats not new is graphics card. what needs drivers? i was looking up drivers for my mobo (B450 AORUS PRO WIFI) and they only had audio drivers, is that all i need? do i need CPU and RAM drivers?
You should have gotten a disk with the motherboard with your drivers. Usually chipset drivers with your Hard Drive Controller, USBs, LAN and more. If you don't have the disk go to the mfr website pul up your motherboard and go into support. Select your O/S and DL all your MB drivers from there.