agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Can i boot my old HDD with Windows 10 on it while i have installed my m.2 nvme sabrent rocket 1tb in my mobo?
I forgot to copy some files andI read that you could not...
Thank you

Solution
Can i boot my old HDD with Windows 10 on it while i have installed my m.2 nvme sabrent rocket 1tb in my mobo?
Thank you
Assuming the system is running from the new NVMe drive, you should not have to "boot" from your old drive to copy files from it.

Power OFF
Connect the old drive
Assuming the system boots from the current NVMe, the old drive should be seen as just another drive letter.
(and assuming it is connected to a non-disabled SATA port)

USAFRet

Titan
Thank you
Assuming the system is running from the new NVMe drive, you should not have to "boot" from your old drive to copy files from it.

Power OFF
Connect the old drive
Assuming the system boots from the current NVMe, the old drive should be seen as just another drive letter.

Solution

agustinlorenzo29

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

Power OFF
Connect the old drive

What do you mean so i can connect my old hdd to my pc, where should i connect it? So i guess there is no problem if i have multi users on that hdd i can get the files i need from those users?

USAFRet

Titan
What do you mean so i can connect my old hdd to my pc, where should i connect it? So i guess there is no problem if i have multi users on that hdd i can get the files i need from those users?
There WILL be an issue with permission.
But the concept of TakeOwnership will allow you to access files on that drive.

And, ALL of the 'accounts' on that drive are different from the user account in your current OS.
Even if it is the same name, it is a different NTFS account.