Question Old Laptop Gpu When Install drivers make the laptop super unresponsive and crash eventually

OKOKGaming

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
I recently got an old Toshiba u840 Ultrabook with AMD HD 7500M with windows 7 on it. I have an SSD with Chromebook flex os on it. I formatted the drive and gave it windows 10 for the laptop. When I started installing AMD Catalyst drivers on the computer and restarted, it lags badly and made a beep sound. Eventually, it crashed. I went into safe mode and disabled the graphics card and it doesn't have the issues anymore. Does anyone know about this issue?

OKOKGaming

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
I don't think that's possible that it's overheating. After I got the laptop, I changed the thermal paste and I changed the fan curve at the MSI afterburner and it still crashes. It might be broken because the laptop got dropped from a table. The damage is the hinge only but to be on the safe side I changed the still working hard drive for an SSD.

OKOKGaming

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
I tried to not restart on the crash boot option and spammed windows icon the same as I did in normal windows and it gave a different error. With the Don't restart on crash boot option it gives a BSOD of Tread stuck in device driver but in normal windows, it gives a BSOD of DPC watchdog violation.