Old laptop running slow

EfoDom

Honorable
Nov 6, 2016
We have an old windows vista laptop in our family - Toshiba Satellite L305D Processor 2.0GHz AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core RM-70
Memory 3GB, 667MHz DDR2
Hard drive 250GB 5,400rpm
Chipset AMD RS780M
Graphics 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3100 (integrated) Everything runs slow there but the worst thing is that it takes ages to load a page in google chrome. We would like to use it to play online movies on it and connect it to our TV. I read tips on the internet to speed up an old pc but it didn't help very much. I don't know what would really help. Maybe reinstalling windows or installing linux? I just want it to cost nothing.

Solution
Reinstall Your present Windows as Your Dual Core should be enough for smooth internet browsing/movies.

Go to linux only if you know what You are doing(You had linux before/ or you are ready to see things working a bit different way/ be ready to get used to something new)

ficler1977

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
Reinstall Your present Windows as Your Dual Core should be enough for smooth internet browsing/movies.

Go to linux only if you know what You are doing(You had linux before/ or you are ready to see things working a bit different way/ be ready to get used to something new)

Solution