Old laptop, wanna update

Kotave

Commendable
Feb 19, 2016
Hey guys, I have an Asus G73sw that has been collecting dust for some time now. I was gonna install a fresh copy of Windows 10 from a disc, and I assume since the laptop is on Windows 7 currently that it will register itself for the free upgrade?
And how do I get drivers after something like this without having any of the software that came with it?

Solution
Hello Kotave, if you do a fresh install from a disc then your copy of Windows 10 will not activate. You'll need to make sure the current Windows 7 operating system is fully updated and then you should do a upgrade instead of installing from a disc. Also your drivers should automatically install with Windows 10. However if your update to Windows 10 turns out to be a complete fail then you have 31 days to go back to a previous build. Good Luck!

JTPhillips

Commendable
Feb 25, 2016
Hello Kotave, if you do a fresh install from a disc then your copy of Windows 10 will not activate. You'll need to make sure the current Windows 7 operating system is fully updated and then you should do a upgrade instead of installing from a disc. Also your drivers should automatically install with Windows 10. However if your update to Windows 10 turns out to be a complete fail then you have 31 days to go back to a previous build. Good Luck!

Solution