• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Old MacBook Pro won’t start.

Jul 22, 2019
It was working fine until I left it sitting for about 9-10 months, now when I press the power button nothing happens. I’ve already put in a new battery and reset the PRAM and SMC.

I got a new laptop about 6 years ago to replace this one. I didn’t get around to trying to sell the old one for about 9-10 months. When I finally did blow the dust off and try to sell it it wouldn’t start. The laptop went back on the shelf where it would remain untouched for about another 5 years, until today. My current laptop is broken and I’m going on a trip in three days. I’d like something better than a phone to take with me so I thought of my trusty old ———late 2008 15” MacBook Pro (A1286).——— As I said above, I reset the PRAM and SMC and put in a new battery and still absolutely nothing happens when I press power. I charged the battery until the battery indicator on the side (which is the only thing working on the laptop right now) said it had a full charge then reset the PRAM and SMC again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS