[SOLVED] Old mobo for new ryzen cpu?

Drago741

Commendable
May 30, 2017
Hello , as title says I think I may have old mobo for newest ryzen CPU's , even if it is AM4 , I have A320M Pro-VH Plus with AMD Ryzen 3 3200G , I checked some other sites like https://www.msi.com/blog/the-latest-bios-for-amd-300-400-series-motherboard , where they are basically saying that this mobo might just have old BIOS , now idk how to update it without ripping out CPU from my main PC just to update it. When I start PC , fans spin up , lights turn on and all typical stuff but there is no screen input (no post). I tried everything to fix it ( new ram , changed ram slots , different PSU , dedicated GPU , disconnecting HDD's ). Any response is welcomed , thank you

Solution
ty , but I already knew this , the thing im asking is if I can update BIOS by not having to take my CPU from main pc. For instance just put in USB ( this mobo doesnt have Flash Bios Button )

No, that motherboard does not have a CPU-less BIOS flashing option. Very few motherboards do and that is reserved for premium motherboards. Due to additional costs.

As I said you must have a compatible CPU installed to update the BIOS. It can't be Bristol Ridge since it won't work with the new BIOS. It needs to be a CPU compatible with the current BIOS and the BIOS revision you are updating to.

The only other possible option is to buy a compatible BIOS chip off eBay which you pay the seller to flash whatever BIOS you want. Then micro...

Drago741

Commendable
May 30, 2017
The most recent BIOS supports the Ryzen 3000 series. It drops support for Bristol Ridge CPUs. You can update the BIOS. Then install the latest Ryzen CPU.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/A320M-PRO-VH-PLUS

You must have a compatible CPU installed to update the BIOS. No, Bristol Ridge CPU. Any Ryzen 3//5/7 1000 series will work. 2000 series may work if it has a BIOS updated for the 2000 series.

ty , but I already knew this , the thing im asking is if I can update BIOS by not having to take my CPU from main pc. For instance just put in USB ( this mobo doesnt have Flash Bios Button )

No, that motherboard does not have a CPU-less BIOS flashing option. Very few motherboards do and that is reserved for premium motherboards. Due to additional costs.

As I said you must have a compatible CPU installed to update the BIOS. It can't be Bristol Ridge since it won't work with the new BIOS. It needs to be a CPU compatible with the current BIOS and the BIOS revision you are updating to.

The only other possible option is to buy a compatible BIOS chip off eBay which you pay the seller to flash whatever BIOS you want. Then micro solder the BIOS chip in place of the old one. Hoping the seller flashed said BIOS chip properly and that you didn't screw anything up.

Unless there is something expecially difficult about your current setup. It shouldn't take very long to remove a case door. Take a few screws out of a heatsink. Move the CPU. Install a heatsink. Flash the BIOS. Then move everything back.

Solution