[SOLVED] Old monitor quality

Solution
Well it's a older LCD monitor so compared to newer VA/IPS panels the colors aren't as good. I believe yours can be overclocked to 75hz but if not then newer monitors go as high as 240hz depending on the resolution.

If your not sure if you should upgrade try going to a local store such as Best Buy or Microcenter (if in US) and looking at there demo monitors. This would give you a good idea of what's out there and possibly help you decide if it's worth upgrading.

WildCard999

Titan
Well it's a older LCD monitor so compared to newer VA/IPS panels the colors aren't as good. I believe yours can be overclocked to 75hz but if not then newer monitors go as high as 240hz depending on the resolution.

If your not sure if you should upgrade try going to a local store such as Best Buy or Microcenter (if in US) and looking at there demo monitors. This would give you a good idea of what's out there and possibly help you decide if it's worth upgrading.

Last edited:
Solution

mgallo848

Commendable
I have that exact model sitting in my closet. I overclocked it to 72hz for about 3-4 years before it kind of died. When I say kind of, it will work @60hz but anything higher causes it to pixelate badly.

For the money, it wasn't a bad monitor but when there is a noticeable difference in brightness and color quality compared to the new models.

Now I just keep it around and a spare monitor to use when I build/repair PC's for others.

Reactions: WildCard999
Hey guys, I currently use an HP 2211x (it's old, I know). How does it compare to recent monitors? I'm debating if I should upgrade.

Any "should I upgrade" post depends on the person asking. If you want to upgrade, sure you can find a better looking display, but spending the money on upgrade is totally up to you.

If this was my system, I would upgrade the video card first, then the monitor, then the CPU.