Old Motherboard Bios or Dead CPU?!

xSlingerx1

Commendable
Jul 3, 2016
Ok so I have a Asus H97i-Plus Itx motherboard i just bought because im downsizing from my ATX case. My old PC worked like I charm so I moved my i5 4690k from my old Z97 board to this smaller H97 and everything else i triple checked everything and im not getting any signal monitor just sits in stanby EVERYTHING powers on no beep codes just nothing happens tried different montiors chords motherboard ports and GPU ports and nothing. After looking around i found out that my motherboard didnt support the refreshed LGA 1150 series CPUs like my 4690k out of the box.(my motherboards BIOS says 0303 on the board itself and i need BIOS 2030 or somethig like that according to the asus website)Long explanation for a simple answer. But is it normal for my PC to do absolutely nothing if the motherboard doesnt support the CPU. I would have thought it would atleast post or give a beep code but nothing really? I have a cheap celeron CPU i bought off amazon coming on tuesday that is supported by my motherboard out of the box so i can update the bios with that so that i can use my 4690k but thats only if the BIOS is actually the problem I am just worried that i might have damaged my new motherboard or my 4690k when moving it.