[SOLVED] Old mouse keep getting dirt from somewhere I don't know

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
It seems my old mouse keep getting some dirt in its under side where the movement-provider stickers keep drawing junk from my desk, problem is my desk is perfectly clean and I have to clean up the mess everytime, it also slows down the cursor movement, this may seem a stupid question but I'm having a hard time to clean up in every 2 hours or so, the mouse also drops some colour onto my desk as well, any idea how I can use my mouse without such simple but effective problem? If nothing else, mouse pad is a must to buy? I'm currently using my mouse with a A4 paper on it, I also like to increase movement speed of the cursor fact is its already in max in mouse settings at control panel.

Any ideas?

Solution
Make and model mouse?

What color is being dropped? (Check the batteries - are the batteries leaking?)

What kind of A4 paper: e.g., copier, inkjet, laser.....?

Experiment with different surfaces to use the mouse on. Maybe borrow a couple of mouse pads from family and friends to experiment with.

The objective being to learn more about the problem and narrow down potential sources for the dirt.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model mouse?

What color is being dropped? (Check the batteries - are the batteries leaking?)

What kind of A4 paper: e.g., copier, inkjet, laser.....?

Experiment with different surfaces to use the mouse on. Maybe borrow a couple of mouse pads from family and friends to experiment with.

The objective being to learn more about the problem and narrow down potential sources for the dirt.

Solution