Old Office PC won't recognize new GPU please help I feel dumb

Aug 11, 2018
I purchased a Gigabyte Windforce GPU for my budget office PC-gaming PC build, but the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia sight say I have no compatible hardware and my "Device Manager" doesn't detect it. Also, its fans spin while I boot my PC so I know it's getting power.

Specs:
Dell Optiplex 790 Motherboard J3C2F (it used to be an old office PC)
Intel i5 CPU
Corsair CX550m PSU
16 GB of DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 5450 GPU (only in so I can get display while I troubleshoot)
Gigabyte Windforece 1050Ti GPU (My problem card)

Aug 11, 2018

When I plug my monitors into my GTX, I get a "No Input Signal" flash on my screen then my monitor turns off. However, I have 2 monitors and attempted the Nvidia driver installation on one of them while the other was plugged into my old AMD card so I could have displays. And I have an Optiplex 790 Desktop

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Whay don't you try again. This time uninstall everything Nvidia with DDU. Follow that by a CCleaner run doing the Clean and Registry both. Then another driver install. But this time only plug the card into one monitor and unplug the other monitor completely from the PC.

Aug 11, 2018

Same result, "this graphics driver could not find any compatible graphics hardware" message.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I'm beginning to wonder about the card being defective. There's no reason the driver should not install properly. Are you sure you selected the correct Win version? 7 or 10? 64 Bit or 32 bit?

1) Try the driver from the card's driver disk
if a fail...
2) After uninstalling the driver and running CCleaner, try Win update. It should find a recent driver.