[SOLVED] Old pc - Advice on current system to play warzone

Luuee

Prominent
Jul 16, 2020
I am Currently a console player playing call of duty warzone. I’m wanting to change over to pc and have an old pc but with outdated low spec components. I’ve tried playing warzone on it, I have to turn down every texture and quality setting to low and even then can only achieve max 60 FPS with my temperatures rising to 100% and my pc sounding like it’s about to take off! Can anyone suggest any alterations to my current system that will allow me to play and achieve 100+ FPS without buying a whole new system.

Current PC:
Case: Corsair Special Edition White Graphite series 600T
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68P-DS3 (Socket 1155)
CPU: Intel i5 2400k @ 3.10GHz (Overclocked)
RAM: 16384MB DDR 1333 MHz
Graphics: 3072MB ATM AMD Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Heatsink:Artic Freezer I30

Thanks.

Solution
there was an 15-2400, but, no 2400K....

As you referenced an overclock, is it possible you have a 2500K?

In any event, four cores/threads are going to struggle, especially four threads from ten year old architecture/design.

Alas, the 7950 is very nearly as old a GPU, so, if looking to play any modern games with sufficient frame rates, I fear you will likely be replacing essentially everything...
there was an 15-2400, but, no 2400K....

As you referenced an overclock, is it possible you have a 2500K?

In any event, four cores/threads are going to struggle, especially four threads from ten year old architecture/design.

Alas, the 7950 is very nearly as old a GPU, so, if looking to play any modern games with sufficient frame rates, I fear you will likely be replacing essentially everything...

Solution
I am Currently a console player playing call of duty warzone. I’m wanting to change over to pc and have an old pc but with outdated low spec components. I’ve tried playing warzone on it, I have to turn down every texture and quality setting to low and even then can only achieve max 60 FPS with my temperatures rising to 100% and my pc sounding like it’s about to take off! Can anyone suggest any alterations to my current system that will allow me to play and achieve 100+ FPS without buying a whole new system.

Current PC:
Case: Corsair Special Edition White Graphite series 600T
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68P-DS3 (Socket 1155)
CPU: Intel i5 2400k @ 3.10GHz (Overclocked)
RAM: 16384MB DDR 1333 MHz
Graphics: 3072MB ATM AMD Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio
Heatsink:Artic Freezer I30

Thanks.
Keep your case, psu and video card for now and replace the motherboard, cpu and memory. Update the video card at a later date when prices and supply of video cards go back to normal. What is the resolution of your monitor and what's your budget if you have one.

TRENDING THREADS