Question Old PC Parts - try to sell or recycle?

Mr Tobes

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
I have a pile of parts from a PC I originally built in 2014. Searching the parts online shows very little demand, I have no experience with ebay so it would be a significant time investment - is it generally worth trying to find buyers or should I save the effort and just drop them off at a recycling centre?

If there is a third option for donating parts to charity (UK based) that anyone knows of I would be interested.

Parts list (with original packaging):
NZXT H440 Black/Orange case w/ cables
EVGA Supernova NEX650G
Z97X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
GeForce GTX 970 (faulty)
Intel Core i5-4460 LGA1150

Ralston18

Titan
1) Donate if anyone will accept. Knowledgeable places will not accept older electronics. Or if they do then the parts are likely sent for recycling.

Some places just trash the parts so be sure about what the donee will do with unuseable parts.

2) Reycle.

With the possible exception of the case. If solid and in good shape someone may want it.

Reactions: Mr Tobes

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Just a random thought, you can always make a pedestal from acrylic and put the better parts there as a memento of old times. I know I had a faulty GTX 970 and I did just that. I know it's counter-productive to your goal of getting rid of the old parts, but I'm a sentimental person though so... yeah..

Reactions: Mr Tobes

Mr Tobes

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2014
Just a random thought, you can always make a pedestal from acrylic and put the better parts there as a memento of old times. I know I had a faulty GTX 970 and I did just that. I know it's counter-productive to your goal of getting rid of the old parts, but I'm a sentimental person though so... yeah..
I do like this idea, it was my first build after all, but I currently live in a 6 person house share and space is a premium, the parts already take up enough space boxed up in the corner.