Question Old PC starting to fail ?

May 7, 2022
My pc is 6 years old, i5 2016, gtx 1050 ti, hdd barracuda with 30k hours of usage, sandisk 120 gb ssd So since two weeks ago is starting to fail, i want to buy a good laptop but they're pretty expensive with good screen. I wanna fix this pc, do you guess what could be, i guess that it surely will be the hdd but not sure, how can i check it? My ssd health is 60% by the way. Look at this message
View: https://imgur.com/a/7MybaYl

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

and we can move forward.

From what you've provided it's possible that the OS is corrupt or your HDD is failing and unable to access necessary files.

May 7, 2022
I'd run system file checker (sfc /scannow)

Maybe chkdsk /r

What application were you running when you got that error?

I don't think that error is necessarily serious.

What other problems are you having?
Programs are starting to fail, videogames, anything, sometimes my moxilla starts getting closed, the screen turns black. But when i restart it normally gets fixed

May 7, 2022
Ok guys, i did both things on command prompt and it told me that were corrupted files and they were fixed, the crystal disk keeps showing OK on both disks. Now we will have to see if it keeps failing sometimes or its fixed.

Update:

Now it appeared an error message when opening the computer, overclocking failed and i had to restart it. And i have a problem installing programs/games now, they are always are corrupted if they're big, on steam there's option to download only the needed corrupted parts but on normal apps that''s not possible, so it doesn't let me install big programs basically.

remove and install windows from bios?

Disconnect all HDDs.

Attempt a clean install of Windows onto the remaining SSD using a USB flash drive installer of at least 8 GB size, made using Microsoft's "Media Creation Tool".....deleting ALL partitions from the SSD early in that process when given the opportunity on-screen.

Anything on the SSD will be lost if not previously backed up.

May 7, 2022
Ok guys, i bought a new pc and i will sell this one, i have a windows license on this pc, i have the license on paper. What i think i will do is to remove the hdd and install linux on the ssd, and i will use my windows 10 license on the new pc.