Old Photocam camera not recognized by XP

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I used to be able to download my pictures in 2000, now
there don't seem to be any new drivers, or updates for XP.
How can I get XP to recognize my old camera and its TWAIN?

dl

Does the camera manu.site not have any winxp compatible drivers/software?
You've read the camera software installation instructions?

"Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I used to be able to download my pictures in 2000, now
> there don't seem to be any new drivers, or updates for XP.
> How can I get XP to recognize my old camera and its TWAIN?

And how does the camera connect? Through USB? If USB, it should show up
as a removeable disk in My Computer and you should be able to navigate
onto it. TWAIN drivers would only be necessary for actual video
capture, not required for copying files.

----
Nathan McNulty

DL wrote:
> Does the camera manu.site not have any winxp compatible drivers/software?
> You've read the camera software installation instructions?
>
> "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>>I used to be able to download my pictures in 2000, now
>>there don't seem to be any new drivers, or updates for XP.
>>How can I get XP to recognize my old camera and its TWAIN?

Jimmy

My camera was not recognized after XP SP2 installed. Somewhere in this site
I read that removing "real Player" would fix the problem. I did it and as
sonn as my camera was plugged in the camera wizard opened right up. I don't
know why this worked, but it did!