Question Old Prebuilt PC Upgrade

Aug 19, 2022
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Fujitsu Esprimo C710 USFF that I use for Light gaming and general everyday use. It has served me more than enough but one big problem that I've had with this was the limitations to the PSU and Space inside the Case. For my own gaming standards the specs that I currently have were all I needed and that was a i3 2120, 8Gb DDR3 1333 and a Kingston SSD. I would however love to add a gpu and use a bigger case for more space in the process so I would like to ask:

1. Would it be better if I remove the CPU, Ram and SSD from the prebuilt one and just get a new Motherboard,Case,PSU and rebuild it Or
  2. Get a PCI Extender and add a card that doesn't use additional Power like the GTX 750Ti or the RX550 for example.

Thanks,

Do you have a budget?

The motherboard is proprietary and will not fit in any other case.
You could lay out the parts on a table and work from that.
Not a great idea if you have cats or kids around.
The psu is minimal, but you could probably install a GT1030 that runs off of pcie slot power to improve your graphics.
I think you would be better off buying a used standard replacement.

Aug 19, 2022
Do you have a budget?

The motherboard is proprietary and will not fit in any other case.
You could lay out the parts on a table and work from that.
Not a great idea if you have cats or kids around.
The psu is minimal, but you could probably install a GT1030 that runs off of pcie slot power to improve your graphics.
I think you would be better off buying a used standard replacement.

Thanks for the reply,

Budget is under 100 Euros so I'm trying to do some simple upgrades at most.

What I meant was, get rid of the Motherboard that comes with the Prebuilt PC and get a new one. Basically scavenge the prebuilt one for only the CPU ,SSD and Ram and get rid of the rest. I will buy a new Case, Mobo that supports this CPU, a PSU and go from there.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the reply,

Budget is under 100 Euros so I'm trying to do some simple upgrades at most.

What I meant was, get rid of the Motherboard that comes with the Prebuilt PC and get a new one. Basically scavenge the prebuilt one for only the CPU ,SSD and Ram and get rid of the rest. I will buy a new Case, Mobo that supports this CPU, a PSU and go from there.
The only thing you can scavenge from the old system is the Kingston SSD, and maybe the DDR3 RAM if you go with a similarly old system.

Keeping the CPU (ancient low power i3 2120 )
If you're going to do that, why bother with ANY upgrade?

Solution:
Sell this system to someone as an office level system, and build something new.

i3-2120 is not very strong and not worth much. $10 or so on ebay.
I would not based any changes on that.
DDR3 ram is probably not worth keeping and 8gb is really not enough.
The ssd can be kept but if it is less than 256gb
Maybe not.
Changing motherboards will involve windows licensing issues.
Your best bet is to find a used or reconditioned pc of a more modern generation.