[SOLVED] Old PSU not working on new system, but working on old computer!

Jul 16, 2021
Hello everyone
Recently i bought a brand new Asus H410M-K motherboard, a new Core i5-10400F cpu and 8GB DDR4-2666Mhz Lexar ram. I installed new components just to find out that the system won't turn on at all! Nothing happens when i push the power button on case, not even a split second fan turn or anything.
I tried to use my current PSU. It is an old AcBell 380W power supply and there is a while since i am using it. At first i thought the psu is dead, so i tried the paper clip test and it turned on ok, also i installed the PSU on my old PC and using it right now to post.
Next thing i tried was to use a screwdriver to jump start the motherboard, still the same and got nothing.
I also have a fairly old psu with not enough power for my current setup, but since i had access to no better power supply, i tried to use for troubleshooting purpose. I hooked it up to my new components (only the mobo, cpu, ram and graphics card (Sapphire RX 460 Nitro)) and systems turns on. I'm able to get into the BIOS, the cpu is recognized with all the cores and threads, also the ram stick and everything seems to be working fine, but when i connect the HDD, nothing shows on screen and system can't get past the POST which i guess is because of not enough supplied power from the PSU.
Now i am lost here. based on the troubleshooting i did so far all the components are fine. New motherboard, cpu and ram are working without any problem and also the old PSU is fine i am using it right now on my old system again since i can't use my new upgraded components.
So what is really wrong here? Is there some kind of special circuit on Asus MB that somehow detects the psu or something and prevents the system from turning on? Of course i plan to replace the power supply very soon and i didn't even plan to use it with new system anyway.
Also another question that came into my mind. is the ATX12V version of the psu important? for example system won't turn on because it needs a new ATX version?
Thanks for taking your time and answering my questions.
Also since i thought problem is related to PSU, i posted here

Mainboard: Asus H410M-K
CPU: Core i5-10400F
Graphics Card: Sapphire RX 460 Nitro 4GB GDDR5
PSU: AcBell 380W
Case: Mid Tower
HDD: 250GB+1TB SeaGata Barracuda

Solution
i think that your old psu don't have enough power to power up your new system, if you can try to upgrade to at least a 550w PSU with good ratings.
Jul 14, 2021
i think that your old psu don't have enough power to power up your new system, if you can try to upgrade to at least a 550w PSU with good ratings.

Solution
Jul 14, 2021
ok make sure you buy a psu with a good rating. also buy a psu which has like 200 or 300 watts more than your recommended psu wattage because in case you want to upgrade your pc later on it will be a good help.